Day 46 and 47; June 12 and 13 - Alaska Here We Come!

Day 46: Sunday - June 12.  We didn't do a whole lot.  In the afternoon I went to Chances.  I came out with $100+ to my name and a driver with his paw out.  He drove around the town and went back to the camper and had baloney and cheese again.  He loves that stuff!

Day 47: Monday - June 13.  We got up and put some sealant on our camper roof at the GMC  dealer.  It took just a little over an hour.  We walked to the post office.  Their stamps run around $1.15 for all.  Post cards get the same postage.  Probably won't be mailing anything else from Canada.  After being up here for over a week, it makes you realize that the good ole USA is a pretty good place to live.  We ate breakfast at the local Coop grocery store, cafe, and bakery.  It was really a neat place.  They were impressed with Gary's Coop shirt.

 We then headed down or up the Alaskan Highway.  Road conditions were pretty good.  A lot of oil/gas drilling and refineries are located along this 283-mile stretch of road.  It is a green country.  The grass is healthy.  There are also a lot of log mills.
 We drove down several miles of steep grades and came to this little town located in the bottom.  Gary couldn't remember if it was Taylor or Fort John.  It was really pretty sitting along the river.  Didn't take too long to figure out where we were.

 We could see a pipeline running across the river.  It was stretched above ground.  The oil/gas refineries had stacks with flames shooting into the skies.
 The highway was clean and had a wide width of shoulder on each side.  All the wild animals we saw today was two deer and one dead elk.
 We arrived at the Blue Bell Inn and Motel/RV Park around 3:45pm PT.  The park is located on a gravel lot
with hookups.  Not too fancy; but I guess it it ok.

This is Canadian money.  They have pretty money.  I like what they call their coins.  They have a gold dollar called a "oney"  (like in UNO) and a two-dollar coin called a "dooley".  I had a $100 but the driver had his paw stuck out--remember!
I tried to take a picture of my work table.  Donna wanted to see how it worked.  Well, to get the station, I had to hold the camera above my head.  The first pictures were of my toes and showed that my pedicure was growing out.  I sure hate to take it off.  Best one I have ever had--the pedicure from Goodland, KS.

Well, another two days in the book.  Don't know what we will do now.  Direct TV isn't allowed its signal in Canada.  I guess I will have to sit outside and listen to the neighbors yell.  Last night when we went to bed, Prissy started barking.  That was unusual.  I listened and could hear someone yelling.  Our neighbors are probably a lot of the oil/construction workers.  They have taken over some of the campgrounds on the way here.  The companies have moved in large bunk houses.  We passed at least three of these.

TaTa!  Love to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!