Day 39; June 5 - Travelling to Glacier Park

I figured out why I'm tired today.  When I downloaded the pictures this morning, there were 28.  We left Helena yesterday morning with the intention of going 90 miles up the road to Great Falls.  Somewhere in Great Falls, I was talking to Deb and Gary took a wrong turn.  (I have to watch him like a hawk!)  We turned around and he decided we should talk.  Finally, I said "I'm just listening.....I thought WE were going to talk."  Anyway, he was trying to figure out in his little man brain how many days of driving it would take to get us to Anchorage in time for Mary Kay and Marsha's arrival.  After that session of  "Jeffro Bodine" calculating, he decided he wanted to spend three days in the Glacier Park area, and after that he wants to travel around 200 miles and stay two nights at the end of each 200 miles.  We'll see how close we get!  I think we will get there early unless we take a wrong turn somewhere.

 Seems like we were always crossing the Missouri River.  I was beginning to doubt his wisdom; but I did see the signs.  Flooding still in Montana.  
 Grain Storage in Cascade, MT


Ulm, MT was lucky had three.  Twin towers and one more!

On the way up to Great Falls we passed emergency workers.  A green Blazer had hit a deer, literally cut its head off because it went through the windshield and maybe out the back.  Both were shattered.  The ambulance was leaving as we topped the hill. Made driver slow down for a few miles.

We are now close enough to Glacier Park that we can see the snowy peaks.  It actually has been in the 70's the last two days.  Computer is predicting that temps will be dropping back into the 40/30's though. Oh, goody!


Fairfield, MT had two.
 Old building, maybe the court house at the intersection in Chateau, MT


Two more in Chateau, MT.  Driver tells me there should be more in Canada.  Funny we have time to take these picture; but last night we were in too big of a hurry for me to capture the beaver chewing on his tree.
 Getting closer to Glacier Park!
 A lot of acres of fire damaged trees.
 Snow again?
 Because we were travelling a lot on the Blackfeet Reservation, we decided to stay at this KOA.

 View from my camper door.  Worth the extra $.
 Proud of himself!  He got everything hooked up again!
We had our week-end meal out at the Park Cafe.  Hamburgers were $9.50.  Steaks were $22.50 for a Bison Cut.





On the way to Sunny Glazier Loop. 
Moose stuck in the mud.  Mosquitoes are coming out.




 Finally, it is sundown and we are headed back to campground.  We stop to take pictures of the beaver working in the dark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!