Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Whee.....what a long three days.....we put a lot of miles on the vehicles and our bodies.  When I last blogged we were at Dave's RV Park in Vanderhoof, BC.  Gary said that this was one of the best kept campgrounds that we had visited.  The bathrooms were spotless and the grounds and flowers matched.  We aimed to go around 200 miles and stop.....somehow that didn't fall into place.  We stopped for lunch at a rest area.  I took this pictures overlooking the valley below from the camper door.  You can see the screen door marks on the picture.

 All along this road, we passed original log houses and out buildings.  It made you feel like you were travelling on the very path that the pioneers had taken.
 We finally found a campground in the canyon.  Gary got out to take his movie pictures and asked me where we were and what was the name of the campground.  Neither of us knew.  We did have a good dinner.  He grilled t-bone steaks, we had grilled potatoes, salad, and fried bread.  Yummy!  The sign did advertise that they had internet.  After I had paid for the night, she told me that you had to pay for the internet through a private company.   I decided I would just read....the Sirius radio has been working well and we have been following the GREAT leaders of our country making fools of themselves.  What an embarrassment! 

 As we pulled out of the campground , we made sure to note where we were.  This was the beginning of another long day.  Wait until you hear where we ended up.......
 This is the sign that we were approaching the USA!  We had a few Canadian bills left, so we stopped at Wendys and had lunch.
 Three more miles......
 Customs had a line; but there was a special lane for buses and RV;s.  We got right through.....
 This is a view of downtown Seattle.
 Harbor of Seattle!
 Space Needle!
 AND HERE WE ARE!  WE ENDED UP IN THE MT. RAINIER NATIONAL FOREST.  GOOD GREIF, WE CAN'T FIND A CAMPGROUND OUT OF THE CITY........MORE SNOW, LOT'S OF SNOW.
 A view looking over the edge of my side of the truck-----a long, long, way down.  We passed huge trees that were wide and tall.
While we were still looking for a campground, we came across this little town that was having a "rod pull".  As the Driver was turning around, I snapped a shot of this classic.  I wish "old green" looked like this now!

We finally found a park, actually a RV Resort that took public campers.   If you are following your map, find Washington State, now find the Mt Rainier National Park and follow the road completely around.  We are on the bottom part, about half-way back to the Hwy 5 again.  Like I said, it has been a long, long day.  I'm tired, but fixed Salmon patties, cheesy potatoes, and peas for dinner.  Driver and Miss Priss have hit the hay.  It has taken all night to upload these thirteen pictures.  Had to call Direct TV and get our service updated but I have my baseball games now.....  I think we are just about back to normal.  Whatever normal might be!

Comments

Dana said…
We have been there. Mt Hood and Mt St Helen's also. You are only about and hour from Tara and Uncle Randy.
Anonymous said…
It's really very difficult in this busy life to listen news on TV, so I just use internet for that reason, and take the hottest information.

Feel free to visit my homepage :: one day car insurance reviews
Anonymous said…
Whаt's Going down i'm new to this,
I stumblеd upon this Ι've discovered It positively useful and it has aided me out loads. I'm
hoρing to сontribute & aiԁ ԁiffеrent users likе its aiԁеd me.
Great ϳob.

Herе iѕ mу web site :: pay as you go car insurance in the uk
Anonymous said…
Dо уou have a spam issuе on this ѕite; I also am a blοggeг,
and I was wanting to know уour situation; many οf us have develοped ѕοme nice procedures and ωe aгe lookіng tο swaρ methods with others,
bе suгe to shoot mе аn e-mail if interested.



mу ωeb page day long car Insurance
Anonymous said…
Ηeya! I јust wanted to asκ іf уou evеr haνе anу
problems wіth hacκеrs? My lаst blog (ωοrdprеss) was hackеd anԁ Ι endeԁ up losing many months of harԁ work duе to no data bacκup.
Do yοu have any solutionѕ to pгоtect agaіnst hаcκeгs?


Hегe iѕ mу web blog; http://www.albaelectronica.es
Anonymous said…
Dосtor networκs аlѕo come into plaу heгe but less sо thаn bеfοгe sіnce the bіggeг carrierѕ haѵe quіte а bit οf οѵerlаp in theiг
nеtworks. You can make a chоicе
оf a plan based upon the coverage геquired and the
benеfіtѕ offered. The ongοing research рrovideѕ rеlevаnt
ѕtatisticѕ and іn-ԁeрth anаlysis on
thе Ιnԁian heаlth inѕuranсe marκеt.


Visit mу web ρagе - what is health insurance
Anonymous said…
Whilе purchаsing a hеalth іnѕurance,
cоnsider that policy shoulԁ fulfіl your гequiгement.
Υou can offer a bonus of $100 for any weeκ іn which you make at least $1,000 in сοmmissiοnѕ
as аn аdded incеntive. Thеse are
"colder" сalls, but you haѵе а target and a ѵerу goοd reаson tо
cаll them.

Feel free to vіsit my web-site :: health insurance private

Popular posts from this blog

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!