Day 44; June 10 - Dawson Creek Visitor's Center

It was nice to get up at a slower pace, eat breakfast, and have nothing to do all day long.  Deb, Donna, and I have formed a Group Video Call on Skype.  It is great.  Sometimes we are a little slow; but that is ok.

 The Dawson Creek Mile 0 Visitor's Center is in an old Grain Elevator.  
Saved taking two pictures!
 Dawson Creek was established for railroad and military needs.  Two museums are located in the old depot.
 The military and private individuals built the Alaskan (Alcan) Highway in 9 months.  They started in 1942 during/after World War II.  I don't think this feat has been duplicated.

I had to take another picture.  The driver wanted the lettering.
This is the actual Mile 0 Marker in downtown Dawson Creek
(Population of 12,000)

We had lunch at Stuie's Hamburger (Silver RR car and 50's Music!)
In the afternoon, I had to have an ice cream treat.  I played on the computer and decided that was too much work and I needed to take a nap.  When I got up Gary said I didn't have to fix dinner, I didn't argue, and he ate baloney and cheese.  I didn't do too much.  It doesn't get dark here until after midnight (Onaga time).l  It is after 10:00pm (AT).  Don't know if Prissy and I can adjust to all this daylight hours.  The weather has been perfect.  40's at night, and 60's during the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!