Day 59; June 25 - Hanging Around Glennallen

Saw on the sign that I have not been spelling this correctly.  As you probably have seen, I don't (sometimes it is the computer's fault) spell a lot of things correctly.  Computer is like the driver, it thinks it knows what I want to say?
 As we were going to the laundry mat, we passed this motor home with this custom paint job.  Driver didn't understand why I wanted a picture.  It was great!  The laundry mat was not.  It was dirty.  They wanted $3.50 to run a washing machine.  A local lady started telling me how this machine and that machine didn't work.  I started putting my money in and it was just like the slots, I was getting no where--I packed up our stuff and decided I could wait another day to do laundry.  We are headed down to Anchorage today.  Books tell us it is just like a normal mid-western town.  I can hardly wait!
 Because we are trying to eat up what we had in the refrigerator, we had soupy ice cream for breakfast.  We have had my favorite activity the last two nights.  Wiener roast by the fire with the mosquitoes.  Smores!  Yummy!  Can anyone tell me how to keep my marshmallows from getting sticky in the bag?
 This is our own little piece of the forest outside our door.  It was one of the prettiest parks we have been in for a long, long, long time.  There were animal droppings (piles) in the middle.  I started to take pictures for the grand kids to tell me what had left them.  I mailed each family a book titled "Who Pooped in the Park" from Mt. Rushmore or Yellowstone.  One day runs into another!
This is the driver.  He still has his work clothes on just in case something else breaks down.  I'll be glad to have a working refrigerator again.  Hopefully Anchorage can fix us up and we can start running again.  Also, last night it rained a little and I stayed dry!  Yeah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!