Day 55; June 21 - Made it to Tok, Alaska

We didn't leave until around 9:34am this morning.  It sprinkled on us a little; but the drive went without a hitch.    After buying every bungee tie from Kansas to Alaska, we have everything nice and secure.  We got to Tok around 3;30pm Alaska time.  We are now 3 hours behind our mid-western friends and family.

We made it through Customs just fine.  I was ready to be back in the United States.  Canada was pretty.  It was interesting; but it was NOT home.

Just after we crossed the Alaskan line I did a double take.  There was a man on his roof weedeating!  Don't worry about hail damage here.
While I was in the post office Driver took this picture of two lawn mowers on top of this cabin.  Not too clear but you can see the one of the left clearly.

I received a LOT of Birthday wishes over Facebook.  Thanks to each of you.  I was pooped so I choose to eat at the campground.  I had some kind of steak taco.  It wasn't too bad.  Driver had a burger.  After 7pm the hosts of this campground have a pancake toss for free breakfasts.  I went back to the camper and tried to update the blog.  Driver ended up paying for two breakfast this morning.  He missed the bucket.  They also provide free entertainment.  There was a man from Texas that did Johnny Cash songs.   Driver said he was pretty good.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?