Day 72; July 8 - What a Ride!

I was so excited that today was the day we were to take our ferry ride to watch for wildlife.  A NEW EXPERIENCE!!  We got up at 7:00am which was way too early for senior citizens.  Mrs. B packed up our snacks because she was worried we would get hungry.

 Our next door neighbor at the Kanei Princess RV Park is a well-know musher.  Her sled is in front of her trailer and her dogs are kenneled behind it.  She puts on a show with her dogs each night for the guests of the park and lodge.  I will try to put pictures of the dogs on tomorrow.
 This is the prettiest park we have stayed.  There are mountains surrounding the 37 sights and a few cabins.
 We reached Seward around 9:45am AT.  We had 45 minutes to waste before boarding time.
 So, We sit in front of the Major Marine Tours.  Mrs. B preceded to fall off the picnic table.  Of course, everyone wanted to know what she had been drinking.
 Then I had to drag them away from every male that was standing around without a woman guarding him.
 This is our Glacier Express (express to a stomach ache!).
 Our assigned table was Table Number 9. 

 I think the driver was needing a little alone time.  When he came in from the outside viewing deck to check on how I was feeling, he was feeling so bad that he didn't even eat his Salmon/Prime Rib buffet meal.  My head was spinning, my stomach was grumbling, and I didn't know whether to run, try to stand, or just jump overboard-----and this was after I had taken two Dramamine and added a third one when I first started to feel badly.


Driver went out to take pictures and soon discovered that he was out of film after two seconds and his new film was in the truck.  I had to go sit in the middle of the boat so I gave him my camera and he took the remaining pictures.
 Baby seals sunning on the lip of this island.  MaMa and DaDa Seals were busy making more babies on the maternity ward island.  The ranger told us that the baby seals were kicked off the island while the mating ritual was going on.  After the delivery of singer cubs, the female was ready to mate again in about two weeks.  There usually was only eight bull seals on this maternity island.
 The little back spot above the hat on the man with the red coat is a hump back whale.  We saw a family pod of these large animals.  It was hard to get a good photo as you never knew when they would blow.  Later on we saw Orca Whale known as the Killer Whale.  They are the last on the food chain.  No other animal eats them.
On the way home Mrs. B had Driver turn around because she had seen a bear.  See it in the third lower corner--brown?  When we turned around it was a rusted piece of junk.

We are having a great time.  I had to lay down and get my land legs back.  We had homemade buttered popcorn for dinner.  They are really getting the royal treatment in the kitchen,  Queenie likes everything. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I tried writing a comment earlier, but I don't think it went through. I just wanted you to know how much I am enjoying reading your blog and the pictures are amazing. You make us feel like we're traveling with you. How incredibly blessed you and your friends are to be sharing this adventure. God's blessings and safe travels. Charlene

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?