Day 80; July 16 - Anchorage to Grand View CG

It is really quiet without my friends to visit with.  Prissy and Driver don't have half the energy that they did.  We got up and piddled around and then we headed north towards Glennallen.  I remembered this little campground nestled between the mountains that I had seen on the way down.  After the driver told me he wasn't done in Alaska, I suggested that we stay there a couple of nights.  He agreed.

Prissy doesn't know what to do now that she doesn't have to share her sofa.

 Goodbye to the Golden Nugget Campground.  It had the best laundry facilities in Alaska.  Also, complimentary coffee if you are smarter than a coffee pot!
 We did have a little earthquake along the edge of Alaska.  We didn't feel it.  But when we stopped at McDonald's in Palmer to get our last Tea and Ice Cream fix, we went past the Tsunami Warning Center.  It was announced on the news that there was not chance of one after the quake.  MK you may rest now....we are being taken care of!
 This is a view of a glacier.  It was along the road as we traveled north.  It was probably the closest we had been to one except the one on the whale watching ferry.  I really didn't care at that point if I saw Elvis.
 Driver is building a fire and conversing with the neighbors.  He is getting to be a chatter box.  We had our anniversary meal of a brat/dog/potato salad/beans/smores.   I was just tickled pink.
 Can you see the view we are lucky enough to wake up and go to sleep with.  There is suppose to be sheep in the mountains too.
Look at these pretty clouds.  God deserved a day of rest after his creations.  I'm sitting here listening to The Enlighten Channel on Sirius XM Radio.  That is my Sunday worship.  You can't beat Southern Gospel music. Those are some happy people.

Signing off.....going to be a good day.  Started off with Jessie and Mary calling me on Skype.  At first it scared me, I'm always worried about Daddy, but then I got to listen to them and watch them argue.  Skype is wonderful.  If you haven't signed up for the free version, try it, you can even call me with or without a video free even when we go through Canada as long as I have WiFi.  Technology is good.  Just go to www.skype.com  You have to have a web camera.  Thanks to the employees of USD 322, I have one.  They gave me a gift certificate when I retired and I bought a new computer.  Love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?