Day 67; July 3 - Up to Willow

Let me see, what did we do yesterday?  Mary Kay informed me that I had forgotten to update my posting.  Sorry!  First complaint, some happy celebrator shoot fireworks last night around 1pm for about an hour.  I guess he/she had not read or heard they were against the law!

Driver decided that he wanted to go into the woods today.  I did two loads of laundry, we stopped and "tea-ed" up and headed into the trees.
 Gorgeous big hills and dells.  Driver made the comment on the way home that he was sure glad he had decided to make that little drive.
 We took a left turn and went down this little one-lane dirt road.  Where is all the Alaskan wildlife?  Know what we saw today?  One little skinny runt of a mouse running across the road!  Bummer!
 We took the Fishhook Trailhead.  Deb and Jerry, I bet you thought you had an original name.  Nope!
 This is the old gold mining camp in the valley.  Don't the hills remind you of the Ozark Mountains?  They are not that steep and some are covered in green.
 Give him my camera and he gets into trouble!  I had to stop and get rid of my tea.  No, I didn't go behind the big rock.
 More snow on the mountains.  It is in the 60/70 in the days.  Sorry you are having a heat wave in the lower 48.
 Tightwade Driver didn't want to pay to view the mine.  Chicken Boss didn't want to go under.
 Cute little cabins to rent.
 Closer view of mining town.  (Boy, did Priss and I just go for a ride.  Driver decided to level the camper better with us in it.  Head is still spinning!)
 They are still looking for gold.  On the bottom left side of this picture is the framework of a new mine.
 As I got closer, I could see old timber around it.  It might be an old mine.
 Driver tells me that the yellow thingy is a new way of looking for gold.  I think he just tells me anything to get me to shut up.
 Fourth of July Weekenders!  All along the river, you would see camper, tents, but mostly four wheelers out having a good time.  One set of campers had been formed into a circle like wagon trains.
 We ended up taking this road to Wasilla, Home of Sarah Palin.  We didn't see her either.   I tell you the wild life is scarce here.
Came home, let the dog out.  Went to eat our for the weekend.  Driver had been drooling every time we passed "Golden Corral" so I choose this spot.  Food was good; but I don't like to have to fight for my meal.  Too many people, just let me sit down and bring it to me!

Came home, sit in our chairs.  I listen to SiriusXM on my computer a lot.  Television is pretty skimpy here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?