Day 88; July 24 -- Whitehorse to Junction at Watson Lake

We left this morning around 9:38am.  My body forgot that it was now on PT.  Maybe about the time I get used to it, we will change again.  The weather was cloudy and cool.  When we stopped for lunch it was 66 and I got cold sitting in my chair in front of the door.

 We stopped at the Continental Divide Gas station.  While Gary pumped, the owner washed the windows, and I took a picture of this vintage car (Galaxy 500).  There are a lot of old cars sitting around in the north.
 Holy Smolly, I did catch this brown bear.  The driver was so happy to be on good roads, that he was hitting 70 mph every now and then.  That makes taking pictures really difficult.  Today I saw a moose, a black bear, and this brown bear.  I just about trashed the picture but was hoping the bear was behind the light indicator.
 We arrived at the Little Nugget Campground around 4:00pm.  How did they know which road we needed to be put on?

 This is a picture of a little vacant church on the grounds.  The lady that checked me into the campground told me that her dad was the original owner and mined the Little Nugget Mine on the backside of the grounds.  Gary tried to find it; but because we had seen these bears not too far from here, he decided a stick might not be enough protection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?