Day 85; July 21 -- Valdez to Tok

We left this morning with mixed feelings.  Hated to leave the cool climate; but ready to see the family.  Thanks for all the comments.  It sure makes me feel like I'm doing this for a reason.  Today in Tok, it took me 1/2 hour to upload three pictures.  Wrangell-St. Elias National Park is as large as Vermont and New Hampshire put together.  It only had two entries and was mainly a hiking park.  We could view it from the south and west sides. 

We have been in Alaska exactly 1 month.  We were at Tok at the Sourdough Campground on my birthday and now we are Tok on July 21.  That is why we went out to eat......I was claiming my birthday dinner.  It was good too.  Ribeye steak, baked potato loaded, bread/butter, and salad bar.......Happy Birthday to Me!

 As the driver was driving along, minding his own business, he asked me if I could see Prissy up in the clouds.  Now can you imagine me saying, Hah? and wondering what he had in his ice tea?  But the old man was right again--See her little head peaking over the mountains?
 We decided to try different RV parks on the way home.  This was the Three Bears behind a Sporting Goods store.  Driver had to go back to the store to drool over all the guns.  I wish I had a picture of the 22 with a hand-carved handle-$329....  It was only about 18 inches long but really had character.  The park did not offer TV or WiFi.  I thought my Five Sport would work here...thought wrong.....slow as molasses.
 We ate out again last night.  But I earned it!  My legs/knees are feeling so much better after I have started taking "Move Easy".  Donna you might want to try it.  We walked clear back down town to the gift shops looking for a tee shirt I had seen in Dawson.  Great weather for a walk, but I felt good enough to want to do it....it has been a long time.  I even got up at the dinner table last night without trying to turn the table over with all my weight on my arms lifting me.  Better get up and get packed....going to head towards Heines Junction today.  Next stop will be Whitehorse and then just about over to Watson Lake and then he tells me we will hit Highway 37 and head south, go back across into Alaska to view bears.  This will take several days 7-10-14?  We will try to stop tonight at a place that has it's own WiFi.  Sisters, maybe we can talk then!

Don't forget that now we are heading back into Canada, I will not be able to take telephone calls.  Please email me with pictures and what you are doing in the lower 48.  Until Washington.....this is all you get!  Ha!



Comments

Donna said…
Awesome picture of Prissy!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?