Day 76; July 12 -- Denali National Park

They made me get up at 6:30am.  When I opened the middle doors, Miss B had made coffee and it was done.....oh, boy, I could smell it!  We had Atkins' Bars for breakfast, dressed, and headed to the main entry to catch our bus.

I forgot to explain to everyone how to comment on this blog--you go to the bottom and click on the "0 Comment" (or hopefully it will have some numbers) and it goes to the comment block.  Thanks.





 This is Miss B and MK and Driver getting organized for our bus trip through the park.
 This is my first wild animal in the park--a little chipmunk with a big mouth.
 I really don't remember why I took this picture.  I think it might because of the different colored rock?
 Potty Break.
 I do believe this is Mt. McKinley under the clouds--at least that is what the bus driver told us.   How would we know the difference?
 They let us out every 1-1 1/2 hours.  Push and shove!!
 Caribou?

 The bus had drop-down screens and the bus driver would take his super dooper camera and we could see what he was seeing.
 Well, well, well, my arm is tired.....little ole me spotted this big red grizzly bear and alerted the bus driver to stop.  I even got a thank you.  It is the dark spot about 1/3 on the gravel path above the tall trees.  See it?  It was probably our closest sighting.  We also saw three adult and four cubs of the blonde grizzly family.  They were too far away to get a picture.
 This was a sheep climbing the hill.
Our poor old dirty bus.  It started raining before we reached the Information Center.  We had snacks all the way up and back.  The tour provided us with a box of bread, cheese, reindeer sausage, carrot sticks, and dried fruit.  Doesn't sound like fat-lady food to me.  MK and Miss B had a travel bag full of Wheat Thins, Cashew Caramel Snack Mix, Cheese Crackers and Peanut Butter, Caramel Popcorn and who knows what else--you never have to worry about going hungry with them around.  Driver wants to know what is wrong with me......they buy the kind of stuff he likes.

Better get up and feed them.  We are having spaghetti for dinner.

Tomorrow we head north 2-2 1/3 hours to Fairbanks to ride on the paddle boat.  One of those just went down in Russia.......might have known........but we are lucky.

Comments

Dana said…
The kids loved their gifts! Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?