Days 111/112; August 16/17 - Grand Junction to Central City, Colorado

August 16--We drove from Grand Junction to Denver/Central City KOA.  I didn't take any pictures.  I was having a day of silence in honor of NaNa.  I started to finish the last quilt top she had given me.  It was the one thing I could do that would make me feel closer to her.

August 17--We drove up to Boulder to pick up my Five Spot replacement.  We had lunch at McDonalds.  I had the Asian Salad.  It was pretty good.  I was pleasantly surprised.  We are headed back into the mountains.

On the way down to Ed Bozarth Chevrolet we passed this "little" ranch.

We stopped at a Chevrolet dealer in Boulder.  Didn't like what he had to say.  Called my friend and she gave me the number of our #1 Trusted Mechanic.  He gave Gary some suggestions.  We then drove down to the Ed Bozarth Chevrolet in Aurora and made an appointment to have the thermostats replaced tomorrow morning.  The head mechanic we talked to there, acted like he knew what he was doing and seemed to be very helpful.  We got excited when he found the truck had an extended warranty, but then realized we had missed the 7 year date too soon.  It was for 7 years or 200,000 miles which ever came first.....our bad injectors came FIRST!

We needed to replace some grocery items.  Gary missed a turn that Bertha the GPS gave him.  So, after recalculating, this is the road we ended up on looking for WAL-MART.....Interesting!


This is the KOA office at Denver/Central City.

This is our site on top of the mountain.  The park had just been purchased and refurbished.  Nice new cement pads for everyone.
Better go put the pizza in the oven.  I've been on the phone for an hour with Verizon technicians and finally we got the Five Spot working like it should.  Yeah!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!