Day 113; August 18 -- Day at Ed Bozarth's

You know when we look back at this trip, one of the things we have done the most and enjoyed the least, our repair history.....

Anyway, this is the view from the hill going up to our campground.  We are overlooking Central City (a refurbished mining town)......I met a lady in the lounge of Ed Bozarth's that grew up here.  She claims that the stories the tour guides tell is not how she remembers things....

This is a view of us returning in the afternoon going down a steep hill to enter Central City.  They are redoing the Main Street.

 They took the radiators off the truck and cleaned them, replaced the in-cabin filter that was full of bees, bugs, and a little black book.  Gary asked the mechanic if he took any of the numbers down.  Ha!
They replaced the thermostats.  We really liked the mechanic and the service check-in man, Rob, treated us with concern.  We were pleased with the service, now let's see how the old diesel pulls up the next mountain.  Thank you Dea and Roger for your help.  Dea, sorry I couldn't talk long....too many things were going on at the time I called you.

I took this picture of an old building while I was sitting in front of the restaurant where Gary and I had dinner.  They advertised $5.99 Prime Rib.  It was actually pretty good.  It came with mashed potatoes and steamed carrots.  We added the salad bar for $2.89 and ended up with full tummies.
Well, I don't know what I'll do today.  I finished putting NaNa's quilt together last night and need to bind it today.  Prissy needs a bath and a combing and then I will try to trim up stray hairs I missed when trimming her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?