Day 101; August 6 -- Crater Lake Drive

We drove about three hours to see this lake.  On the way up, I was mumbling under my breath about what a waste of money and time this was......I had to eat my words.  It was beautiful and interesting.  We stopped at the intersection of two rivers.  Note the old knurled old truck in the foreground.



We had to wait in line to enter the Crater Lake National Park.  I though something was wrong; but the ranger said it was just a normal Saturday.

Another snow covered mountain and a clear blue sky to enjoy.

This is the Crater Lake formed by a volcano that erupted and sunk into a "big" hole.  (Don't tell me you can't understand my technical terms.)


These trees have definitely faced some heavy acts of nature.

AHHHHHH----I love my new camera.



Little island.  Boat rides were offered.......after the last one, I declined!


Pretty weeds!


Here we are on the way home.  Driver took a side road that turned into one curve turning into the next one......help, let me out of the truck!  Boat ride might not be too bad at the moment.
We made it home.  I tried to work on the computer, but I didn't have much luck.  I couldn't even talk on Skype.  The connection was horrid out in the country.

Headed to California tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!