Day 110; August 15 -- Salt Lake City to Grand Junction, Colorado

I forgot how much I dislike the heat!

We left and stopped at Camper World south of SLC.   The technician advised the driver to change his brake controller.  He claimed that our controller was know for its bucking and grabbing.  That's too much action for an over-weight lady.  Everything just gets settled and it's starts to rumble again!

We headed south on Hwy 5 and then headed through the desert of Utah and Western Colorado.
Some of the rock formations were really pretty.

There was a power plant located in the valley in the center.

I was trying to get a picture of the mountain behind the truck.  It just stuck out there and stopped.

Oh, I did get it when we got closer.

There was an interesting layer of "things".  Grass, desert sand, and then a layer of mountains and then the white clouds leading into the blue sky.

We were really in the flat lands.

Ahh, one more state closer to home; but several miles.

We made it to this nice little campground just east of Grand Junction.  Settled in, set up my computer and the Five Spot was still not working.  Called Verizon, talked to two different techs, the last one asked if we would take it to a corporate office in Grand Junction for them to reset it.  Off we went again.  They could not get it to work, so they wanted to order a replacement.  Of course, they can't give you one off the floor, they have to order it.  So, we discussed me upgrading to the 4G; but if I did that I would lose my unlimited time.  They even had me to call the main office to talk to them.  When it was all said and done, they are sending me the replacement to Boulder, Colorado.  Why can't things just be easy?
Tomorrow, we are headed towards Denver.  We did stop at Ed Bozarths and looked at trucks.  We are still sitting on that nasty fence and don't know which way to jump.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!