Day 119; August 24 - Finally!

Here we are.  Friday we signed the papers with the promise of picking up the truck on Monday.  But, life likes to remind us who is boss.  We left this afternoon around 2pm with the 2001 Diesel.  I told Gary on the way to the dealer that it was like taking our German Shepard to the vet with the intention of putting her down, and he would could home with her again.  Too hard to depart.  The Diesel didn't want to say good-bye either!


But tonight, after drawing the attention of the New Car Manager (all the sales personnel knew us by name) and General Manager, the truck was finished.  A couple from California stopped by to ask questions and visit about diesels.  I think that did it!......  when the customers thought we were a permanent fixture to the store.  Our truck got finished around 6pm.  The General Manager said if we had to stay longer they would buy us dinner.......The first running boards they tried to install were not right, so we got an upgrade.  They are nice!  The Driver went out and took pictures for today's blog.  This will be my last week of blogging.  It has been fun and I think I really will enjoy reading my journal of our trip to Alaska and back.  It was a journey and we have a lot of memories.  (Now, if we don't forget!----I guess that is why I have a journal!)

Anyway, this is the interior.  Light gray.  We wanted the split front seat so we can get all our grand kids in the truck at the same time.  Our baby boy will have to wait to have children until one of the older kids graduates and don't want to be seen with the "old" folks.

This is the outside.  Can't even tell we have a new one.  Tomorrow we will have to lift the generator over the hitch and cross our fingers that the hitch will level out with our camper.  This truck is taller that the other one.

Tomorrow we get to go back and visit our Stevinson Chevrolet friends to pick up the license plates from the van and get a lesson on how to set up the Bluetooth and OnStar.

Better bake some cookies and eat some ice cream.  Celebration for the Travelling Trio!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Really like the new truck! I was pulling some weeds at your house last night and the Merriman boy pulled up. I told him I was just weeding, not mowing. I think he thought I was stealing his job! :)

-Abbie

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!