Day 114/115; August 19/20 -- Day of Decisions

We finally made the big decision!  I had been checking Craig's List and the computer for a used Duramax with low miles.  I found a 2011 white one at a Chevrolet dealer in the suburb of Lakewood, Colorado with 17,??? miles.  I told Gary about it and he didn't make any comment.

As I was sitting and playing on the computer, he asked if we shouldn't go look at it.  So, I asked if I should put some clothes on.  He decided it might be a good idea.

So, off we went to Lakewood.  This nice little salesman came out, we told him we came to check out the used diesel.  It was gone!  But he told us with the incentives offered and year-end-sales, he thought we could get a new one for close to the same price.

Dumb us, we drove it, we liked it, we bought it.  It took all day.

This is Gary cleaning out the 2001.  What I don't understand is why he cleans it after we trade it off?  He even asked for Q-tips to clean the vents.....Holy Cow......it will storm tonight!


He told me that he thought the grandkids and I might not get to eat in the new one.....how long do you think he can go without popcorn?

Anyway, decision is made, we will pick the new one up Monday.  They are spraying the bed, moving the hitch, putting on  a bug shield, and adding the running boards.  The driver and I about had to have a boost to test drive the new one.  Wish us luck!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!