Day 97; August 2 -- Packwood, WA to Lincoln City, OR

Here we go again!  We didn't get too early of a start.  Lazy Bones, we have become.  We headed west on Hwy 12 and ran into I-5, we traveled down through Portland.  We passed the sign "Barnes Drive'.  Didn't know if Randy had a street named after him?

 Started seeing parts of the Pacific ocean.  We passed Martin Island.  MK, I think they misspelled your name.


We are getting ready to leave Washington.  Shot a quick picture of this monument; but don't have an idea what it is in honor.


This is the middle of the bridge where the Washington and Oregon border meets.  I was trying to take a picture of the sign; but the bridge was a bit bumpy.

Here we are meeting the ocean view again.

 These are house boats.  I see them advertised on HGTV.  What a way to live!


We passed through an area that was similar to a desert.  It had a lot of sand-----I guess that is what beaches are made of?

Ocean meets the sky!


Tired again.  We are staying at the KOA at Lincoln City for two nights.  We actually got the site that is right behind the sign.  We are on the end,  We like ends; means no one is one the other side of you.  Yes, we are anti-social.....well, maybe I am.

We stopped somewhere on the way down here for a break at McDonalds.  There was a Target there too, so I took a shot in the dark and went into the service department and asked if I had any options on the camera I had purchased in Alaska.  I told her I didn't like it.  She asked if I had a receipt, and being the good accountant that I am, she said as long as it was under 90 days, I could return it.  I told her I had being using it.  She said no problem.  So I traded it for a Canon and made sure that it marked the dates on my pictures.  It is easier to keep track when that is all I have done for the past 90 days.  Yeah, Target!  I knew I liked to shop at their store!
(Wonder if they sell tires!)

Now, I have to visit JCPenneys.  Remember my favorite purse?  It has totally fallen apart at the seams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?