Day 116; August 21 -- Over the Hill to Wal-Mart

We got up slowly this morning.  I had my coffee, shot a few bubbles, and waited for the driver to rise!
The salesman at Stevinson Chevrolet told us they had a great brunch at Isle of Capri so that was our goal for today.  

We ate, it was good, and headed to Wal-Mart to buy weekly grub.  Wanted to see new territory so we put Wal-Mart into Bertha the GPS and chose a location that we hadn't any idea where we were going.  Ended up driving down this canyon into Golden.  Nope, she wasn't through with our trip, we then drove further north and ended up somewhere!  When we got to where she said there was a Wal-Mart is was closed down.  We had to choose another one.  We didn't understand why it was closed because it was one of the newer buildings.  Maybe the Super Target across the street and COSTCO ran it out of business.  We shopped and then we needed our ice tea.  Bertha lead us down a wrong path again.  We gave her another chance, and we didn't die of thirst either.
We made it back to the camper in time for a rain shower.  I trimmed on Prissy some more.  She doesn't look too bad!

I talked to MK today.  Called Jeanne and talked to Jason.  Talked to Dana.   Talked to Abby.  Tried to call Cassie; but the mountain got in the way.  Ready to see the western Kansas relatives and then head east to see the rest of my family.  My Daddy thinks we should be getting home.  My sister thinks I should be getting home.

I guess we will head that way someday and sometime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!