January 5, 2012

Let me see....yesterday was a long time ago.....can I remember?

While I was making Dirt Cake for Adam, Gary went to the country to visit Edwin Buie.  I cleaned a little.  He came back just in time for lunch.  We went to the old local hang-out for high school kids....now just the old ones are hanging.


I had the special of cheese burger and bacon-cheese fries.  A new treat; but way too much to eat.  The fries were drenched in nacho cheese and real bacon bits.  They still make the old fashion sodas too.  I had a cherry Pepsi.

OK, I went back to the camper to start on dinner, balance the bank statements, and listen to some music.  Gary went for a ride down memory lane.  This is a picture of the Carman Home.  He can't figure out if they are tearing it down or trying to fix it.....sad state of building.
 This is the creek/river that the old cover bridge use to cross.  I remember wading in the stream when it was really hot in the summer.  Sure wish I could swim.  Beautiful picture.  Might have to frame it!  I just showed Gary a picture of the creek and commented on how well it turned out.  He said that is where he used to fish, swim, and take a bath,,,,oh, the good ole days.


 This is MaMa's House.  Finally all the extra "stuff" is gone and it has returned to its peaceful state.  Thanks to Dale Bergman and Ed Null for building this home for only $500 labor.  She sure was in "High Cotton" for a few years.
Laura, Kent, Adam, and Kevin joined us for dinner.  We had smothered steak, potatoes/gravy, corn, oyster crap, rolls ,slaw, and dirt cake.  I wanted to express our thanks for all the meals they include us.

Weather was great.  Sunny, warm, and Gary actually slept in the bed last night because it was warm enough the heater could keep us with the temperature.

Comments

Donna said…
oyster crap - is this what you really had?
Donna said…
oyster crap - is this what you really had?

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?