January 12, 2012 - Thursday

Boy, I must have been tired.  I went to bed last night at 9:30pm and slept until 8:38am this morning.  We were suppose to meet Robert and Roberta at 9:30am to go "help" them deliver Meals on Wheels.  We had to hurry in and out of the bathroom.  That was interesting.,

Roberta takes the meals to the houses and Robert drives her around town.  I'm sure she is a bright spot in their day with her contagious smile.

It is their treat to go out for lunch after the deliveries.  Robert chose "The Mesquite Pit".  We  had some good Texas barbecue.

We then drove into Fort Worth to pick up storm windows for one of their rental houses.  I had an new experience.....while Gary was helping get the windows in the back of the SUV, he hit a lever on my seat that folded me and the seat down in the floor.  I was sitting with my ankles crossed and they were requesting the Pillsbury Dough girl to get out.  Now think about that, my chin on the seat in front, my knees up to my shoulders.  They had to pull the front seat up and slowly I unwound and was released from my situation,  They were wishing they had my camera.  They thought this needed to be posted.  Good thing I have a sense of humor......

Back to Wal-Mart to get the groceries for supper.  We had pizza and pop and played Spades.  Gary and I had never played this before.  We had a good time.

Court House of Weatherford, Texas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!