December 15 2013 -- Island to Island II

Computer was really slow last night.  It took over one hour to download the last four pictures.  AND you know I'm not a patient person.  Get "er done!

Yesterday, Saturday December 14, 2013, we went sightseeing to Hilton Head Island.  It reminds me of Aspen in the south.  Strictly a rich man's resort.  It was very well groomed and no mobile homes on stilts.  Beautiful to see and visit.


As we crossed the bridge into South Carolina, you could see the the loading docks.
Bridge from Georgia to South Carolina (Savannah)

Loading Docks at Savannah GA
 Out goal was to check out the Skidaway State Park located on Skidaway Island.  It was raining, I was getting grumpy from too much travel.  I sit in the truck and took pictures of the Spanish Moss hanging from the trees.

I don't know if it was because of the weather or the fact that we would have to pull the camper through downtown Savannah to get to the park, but I axed the idea of staying there.  As we were going back to the interstate, I was sitting there feeling sorry for myself.  I looked at the truck next to us at a stop light and who did I see?  He had his window down a little, so I rolled my down and he was kind enough to let me take a picture  He had a Christmas Cactus pinata and was on his way to party.  I told him my grand kids would love this picture.  Happy, happy, happy Christmas.


We got back to the camper, I had cooked the other half of our Thanksgiving turkey breast in the crock pot,  Peeled a couple of potatoes, made corn bread dressing, made noodles and gravy, and heated up a can of peas.  We ate good again.  Thanksgiving meals are the easiest to prepare.  Later I made Maple Nut Fudge.  It was easy and tastes OH, so Good!  I found the recipe on the internet and it called for 2 cups of small marshmallows.  Now I need to make Chocolate Fudge so Gary won't eat mine!

We are doing well.  I guess I still require resting time.  It just might be my age and not the recoup from the chemo.

Have a wonderful day!  Do something nice for someone today and keep it a secret.  It will do your heart good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 81; July 17 - Sunday Day of Rest