May 12, 2011 - Sturgis Bikers

Thursday morning, we got up and ate our breakfast of cereal and coffee or orange juice.


We headed up to Rapid City to get Miss Prissy a pet  step to help her on and off the sofa.  With the help of my little sister, Debbie alias Skinny Bones, we found the Bed, Bath, and Beyond Store.  They were out of the steps they had advertised but we purchased Gary one of those highly advertised metal billfolds..   (Don't waste your money on one.)  I ended up with it and will probably throw it away.  We found a Petco and got Prissy her steps. 


We headed to Sturgis to see how the wild live.  We passed the Black Hills National Cemetery and pulled in to take a picture.  I'm alway impressed at how manicured these white tombstones look.   We saw graves from veterans of War World I, War World II, Korean, and Viet Nam wars.  Sure makes you humble.


This is the welcoming sign to the small city that was pretty much shut down.  They have a lot of saloons, tattoo parlors, motels, and campgrounds.


Gary and I got brave and had lunch at Taco Johns.
















Found this camper and boat for sale.  Thought maybe one of my sons would be interest in purchasing it!




















Our next stop was Deadwood.  This is the city where the first gold was panned in South Dakota.  While I was busy pulling an one-armed bandit, Gary was riding the trolley.  I could hardly wait for him to return to tell him the good news.  I had hit a $270 jackpot on a penny machine.  He is always glad to see me when I hand him a $100 to put in his pocket.


While the friends in Kansas were fighting 98 degree temperatures, we had a snow storm.  I would rather have it cool anytime.


Back home for a gourmet dinner of Spam, Swiss Cheese, and Thousand Island Dressing.
Don't turn your nose up, IT WAS GOOD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!