Day 28; May 25 - Big Decision Day

When I got ready to get up, the travel agent "Big Gary" told me he had decided to stay in Cody WY for a few more days.  The weather was not cooperating and he needed to do some mechanical work.  He had failed to tell me that the brakes on the camper had not been working correctly.  MEN!  This is fine with me; I don't think we will find a better campground.  We look out the front door into the mountains and deer graze in the area.  There are several vacant cabins if some of my friends/family would lie to fly up.  We will be here until next Wednesday.


So, what do I need to do?  Miss Prissy was getting pretty grimy.  I got on the internet and found three places that groom dogs.  Called two and they were booked up until June/July.  The third one was the animal hospital.  I thought they should tell me that in person.  So off we went!  They were booked up too; but she bet Miss Julie would work us into her schedule.  She loved poodles.  Found Miss Julie about one block from the clinic.  She was an interesting concert pianist that was from St. Louis, Missouri.  So, I told her I was raised in Paris, Missouri.  (She says "Ooh, yes - MissourAAAAA")  She also showed me pictures of her showing her "pink" standard size poodle at shows and her current CD.  She groomed Prissy in about 1 1/2 hours.  I told her she had never looked like a poodle before so she gave her the "baby" cut.  Can you tell Prissy thought she looked pretty too?  I should have purchased a CD for memories.  Might just have to go back and get one.  I think we are driving to Lovell today to hunt "wild Mustangs".  Doesn't that sound like fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!