Day 19; Badlands and Wall, South Dakota

This day was probably one of my best for this trip.  I had never been to the Badlands.  The weather was perfect.  Miss Priss was not.  Gary thought she should go along.  I decided I was going to get two shock collars.  One for her when she yeps, and one for Gary when he sleeps while driving.


The Badlands was interesting.
They had buffalo grazing and a lot of native grass fields.  We drove on dirt roads for 30 miles to cross this area.  The dirt in places was a white color.  I asked Gary what this was (I thought it might be salty) and he explained something about it did not or it did have a special chemical makeup that was above my head and memory.

Our next stop was Wall, South Dakota, to visit the famous Wall Drug Store.
I could not find my charms in this store.  I did find a purse I liked in the store behind Gary and his silent friend.  Handsome couple of gents!  Gary was full and content as we ate lunch at the drug store.  We were suppose to have hot beef sandwiches and I accidentally ordered the hot beef dinner.  The purse was white and black spotted leather with the billfold built on the outside.  I pulled it out, glanced at the price tag of $280, gasped and left real fast.
We stopped in Grand Rapids, made a stop at a camper store for a counter extension.  The owner was just leaving to fly out to Indiana to a meeting to help design campers.  I would love to do something like that.  My favorite job would be to go into offices and stay for 1-2 months and show them how to save time.  Next we went to the Mt. Rushmore Mall.  Gary sat on a bench and ate popcorn.  I got my glasses adjusted and new nose pads put on them.  I found some OPI Envy for my nails.  Got some new Butter and Lotion for my feet, legs, and arms because it is dry here.  I looked for my charms but could not find them here either.  Next stop was Wal-Mart.  I got pictures printed, bought some fabric and important things.   We went home and started bringing in things from the outside to prepare for departure on Tuesday morning.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm loving the blog. It feels like we're traveling along with you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 81; July 17 - Sunday Day of Rest