January 24 2014 -- Southern Florida

Thursday, we packed up and headed south towards the Everglades.  We got to the National Park early afternoon to find out that all the electric sites were full and normally are booked on line.  Usually, there are a few sites that are first come.  Nope, not here.  So we stayed in the dry campground without any hookups and with camping rules that state that generators can run from 8am-8pm.  It gets dark here around 6pm.  No TV, no computer, no reading (Nook)--what in the world do I do?  I crocheted until 9pm and headed to bed.  Gary plugged my sleep respirator into the converter and I went to sleep.......click, click, click......I thought what is he eating now?  Then I realized that the light on my machine was blinking in time to the clicking.  When I turned on the inside lights to check it out, my machine died.  I guess not enough power to handle the new larger more complicated breathing machine.  Therefore, not much sleep for grumpy pants.

On the way down to Farmstead FL, we passed one garden nursery after another.  Orchids for $5, then $6, then further south $8.  I still don't have one?

Then we came into the gardening area.  Tomatoes by the acre, saw them picking melons and broccoli.



On the corner going out to the park, we passed a fruit stand named "Robert is Here".  We didn't know if it was our Robby or Robert Henry.  Haven't seen either of them yet.


Now, this sign just before entering the park makes you want to camp here and let Miss Priss out for her evening relief.  We never saw any large cats and we have not seen any alligators either.  Of course we aren't looking too hard.


Grumpy Pants got out of the truck long enough to take a picture of the Campground.  If I didn't need the machine, I would have been willing to stay longer.    It was beautiful and dark and quiet.


We moved into Farmstead to a small park owned by an "Uncle Ray" look alike.  It was really interesting when "Uncle Tommy" came to help advise us on parking.  He retired at 80 don't know how old he is now?

Depending on how Kent gets along with his treatments, we will probably stay here for two weeks.  Then time to start the journey to Texas and then to Kansas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?