January 11 2014 -- Just Tooting Around

Nice title for two old farts?  Specially after last weeks Ham and Beans followed by a pot of Killer Chili........

"Hey, dear, I just saw Old Green."  Driver slammed on the breaks, made a right turn, and we got closer to take a better picture.  August, alias Mayor, I would rather have a sparkly metallic paint!




We drove south to The Villages and ate our afternoon meal.  It has turned hot and humid here.  Yesterday after trying to stick it out, I turned on the air.  It even kicked on during the night a few times.  The humidity stinks and makes me smell too.....

Today is game day.  Stay in your night gown, drink coffee, and enjoy ball games.  Love it.

I did have to do a spread sheet for Skinny Bones.  She is recovering from a bad sinus infection and sounds like a sexy blond.

I think the planner has decided he wants to go further south.  This suits me.  Who knows when we will be back to this area.

I did see some oranges on a tree as we were driving to The Villages.  Didn't get a picture.  Sometimes you don't know what you have seen until a few miles down the road.

I did finally get a walk-in clinic to give me a flu shot.  Can't believe I had so much trouble.  My insurance (Blue Cross) would not let me get it at Walgreens or CVS.  I had to be somewhere where there was an in-house clinic.  So I stopped at a doctor's office and they would not give me one because I was not their patient.  Finally I went to a clinic here in Ocala and got one for $30 flat fee.  They didn't turn it into the insurance.  Thank goodness.  There seems to be several cases showing up in Florida.  The nurses at the clinic said that the flu that is going around is NOT the flu that the shot is made to control.

Stay well, and love life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?