February 14 2012--Sweetheart Day and Trip to Boerne

We needed to do laundry today.  When I got in my seat in the truck, Mr. Romance had put a tin of chocolates in my seat.  Wasn't that sweet?  But I still had to do the laundry.

After laundry, we came home and I straightened the house and then he said he was ready to take me out for lunch.  The dog trainer from New York had suggested a restaurant in Boerne (burn--eee).  I know?  go figure, no wonder I can't pronounce words.  And I learned that Seguin is (Sa-geen).  Boy, I'm getting smart. I'm also reading a history book about the King Ranch Saga.


 Back to lunch, this is PaPa deciding what he wants to order at The Dodging Duck.  Can you believe it was warm enough to have dinner outside on the veranda in 70+ degree weather?  It was an interesting lunch.  We chose ground beef served with cheese, green peppers, and onions, homemade fries, and a greens salad.  It was different but good.  The chopped beef was served like a steak.

I took some pictures of some of the old buildings.  They just don't make things like they used to do in the old days......


This was a beautiful drive.  We passed a lot of huge ranches.  We don't think we found George Strait's ranch though......

A good day.

Comments

Donna said…
I hope you really meant SWEET and not sweat about the box of chocolates!

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?