February 1, 2012--To the Hill Country We Go

We left in the fog.  We drove to Selma to try to get a rebate back on my new computer.  No go!  (Thanks, Roberta, for trying in Weatherford.)  Then we took the upper bypass to Hwy 16 and drove through some interesting hills.
Randolph Air Base
(I think Uncle Ralph Wilkerson might have been stationed here.)
Driver has pursed lips because I have done something wrong again?

Texas Hill Country

Over Hill and Through the Hills

A Herd of Something?
They are big as horses and have long, long horns!
Don't think they are wild pigs.  Ha!


Are you interrupting my meal?

I'm going to tell MaMa you are bothering me!

Pecan Trees along the Guadeloupe River
This was some of the prettiest country we have seen.

View of Lake in the Resort Area

My Man!  Always ready to help someone in need!
They had called the Good Sam Roadside Assistance.
Their flat looked better than ours with a Pliers Handle sticking out of it.
We were suppose to eat our weekly meal out today.  I was craving a good steak.  Gary got hungry going through Bandera (Cowboy Capital of the World, oldest Polish community and a Mormon settlement) so we stopped at Dairy Queen and had a Kids Meal.

The trip took longer than we had allowed so we turned and went back home.  Miss Priss was not uncomfortable.  Sitting on her pillow and sleeping.  After we got back home, we decided heck with eating out so I warmed up the Ham and Beans and Cornbread, added a salad, and a KU basketball game and we were Happy Campers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!