February 13, 2012--Drove to Yoakum

Sunday we had breakfast at IHOP and went to Wally World and gave a boost to the stocks.  I think we bought enough groceries for a month.  It actually sleeted on us a little.  Chilly but still a lot better than the 6 degrees that was posted for Onaga.  I bought the 2012 Quicken for my computer so I could do the books and not have to go back and forth to Gary's computer.  I worked all afternoon and could not get it installed without an error message.  My old program was a 2001 and you had to update to the 2004 versions and then go to the 2012.  So, I sent an email to Quicken.com and waited.

Monday we went to the post office to try to straighten up our mess with our address.  The driver (which can't hear very well anymore!) gave me the wrong address for Cappy's Cove RV Park.  He left out the 1 in front of the other four numbers.  Therefore, we have to go to San Antonio to pick up my quilting frame because the FedEx had the wrong address too.  The nice lady at the post office in Seguin said she was the one that seperated the packages and would watch for my package from Abbie and toss it into the correct driver's delivery bin.

I have to tell you a funny on Gary.  He had been out walking and met the dog trainer from New York.  They were visiting and he found out he had another job up state.  He installed PA systems in vents.  Gary made the comment when he got back to the camper that he didn't understand why vents would need PA systems.  I laughed and asked him if he wasn't install PA systems for events.  OHHHH....that made sense to him.  Oh, the joys of getting old.

Roberta has twisted and yanked on Bob's arm until he gave into having to spend more time with us.  They are coming down on March 1 to attend the David Church Concert at Yoakum Texas and then maybe we might drive on down to King Ranch for the tour.  So Gary and I headed to Yoakum to get tickets.  First I had to get my nails done.  (Thanks, Cassie and Miss B,  you have created a monster!)  I love having my nails done.  Funny story though, as the little petite Vietnamese lady was finishing my nails, she looked at me and said "You want to get your eyebrows done?"  I laughed and said, "You think they need it!"  I think they must have been getting pretty bad.  I had not had them done since we left Karla in Onaga.  Anyway, I now have pretty nails and a smooth face again.

We stopped at the trailer to take care of Prissy before we headed out on the southern route to Yoakum.

Isn't this a gorgeous building?

Entry to Historic Main Street

Another Southern Home

We enjoyed this ride and I enjoyed my visit with the gentleman that was selling the tickets from his apartment.  He had retired from the railroad and had been retired for 30 years.  Of course I had to tell him about my three sons.  We about never got the tickets torn from the correct pages because we kept talking.  His wife normally took care of this; but she was a retired school teacher that had gone back to teaching at a Christian school.  Amazing the life stories you find while travelling.

Back home to a big pot of beans and ham.  They cooked a lot better than the last time.  Does anyone know why when I soak beans overnight they tend to get hard and take longer to cook.  I have better luck just throwing them into the pot like my mom did and letting them cook all day.  They were nice and soft when we got home.

Oh, I got my Quicken installed.  As I was awake during the night I had a light bulb moment.  I was doing it wrong!  Dah....I needed to work from Gary's computer and go through those steps.  I was trying to import the data into my computer.  So after updating Gary's computer and opening the data into the new programs I saved the new data file and it went straight into my computer without any hitches.  I love technology.  Glad my brain is still working.

Happy Valentine's Day Friends and Family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!