California to Arizona

This is a view of us getting ready to leave the Mission Bay RV Park in San Diego.  We had a great time with Bill and Patty and saw a lot of wonderful scenery.

Headed east through the mountains towards Arizona.

This is a view of the dividing fence between US and Mexico.


We ended up driving pass Yuma and stayed the night south of Casa Grande in a little park for $15.00 per night.



Got up the next morning and filled up with gas.  At the gas station a strange man walked up behind me and told me that he and his pas,tor was going to Mexico to feed the homeless.  Pl.ease pray for him.  Obviously he was nervous.

We made it to Benson, AZ  The Benson I-10 RV Park is right off highway 10.  The price was $280 per month plus electricity.  At first we thought it was unfriendly.  I had done the laundry and Gary had put my clothes rack up and I was finishing hanging when the owner stopped and asked if I had not read the rules and regulations.  Nope.  Anyway, I got to finish the drying and Gary took the rack down.  There is a ricky old umbrella line by the laundry house that I have been using.  Gary did build our new sofa/queen bed.  I think he did a wonderful job and love the look when I open the door to the living area.

We drove into Tucson to get lumber.  We passed the Graveyard for old air craft.  Kind of sad and what a waste.

Wednesday we took the day and drove down to Bisbee and Tombstone.  After San Diego, this was a great treat.

Bisbee is a copper mining town.  Old and still going strong.


This is Lavender Pit.  Named after it's founder.  I was disappointed that it was not purple.

Old Shell station with antique car.  There were several cars on main street; but the driver was zooming through.




The town was built on a mountain side.  Reminded me of the old mining towns in Colorado.  Pretty old houses that someone is starting to love and restore.


Next stop was Tombstone.  I actually got my sorry self out of the truck and hobbled up and down two blocks so I could see the old buildings.


This man was playing the piano for dollars in his jar.  He was pretty good.  Usually when we would see this attractions it would be too hot to enjoy.  But not in the winter.  Sure was a great walk.

Old Stage Coach rides were offered.

Ready for the fight at the OK Corral.  The fight was in the saloon.  I don't need to see fighting.

We celebrated Valentines Day in the Longbranch Saloon.


Gary had his favorite of hamburger and I chose the Hot Beef Sandwich.  Both were good and very reasonably priced.

I was looking for a bumper sticker for my wall of memories.  The sales clerk offered me a great deal on a Turquoise watch made by the Navajo.  Just could not resist.  You know I love watches to match all my outfits.

Gary stopped and went into the cemetery.  My knees said I had had enough and I was afraid he would leave me there.
Another great day to be in Arizona in the winter.  TaTa and we'll see you down the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?