February 21 2014 -- Is it Time to Head North

Someone mentioned today that I had not updated my blog for five days.  So, here is a few pictures from the past few days.  The camper/sleeper on top is what we will add on behind for guests.....haha, Mary Kay, can you fit in it?

The next picture we took when we went to the west coast of Florida.  It must have been a good spot to fish?  We could have driven right into the water.  Good thing the driver had the foot on the right peddle.  I'm nagging him to change an old habit; but his reflects are not what they used to be!  I don't know if you have noticed, but he gases with the right foot and brakes with the left.  Sometimes, I think we are giving the truck mixed signals;  but what do I know.  He has been driving like that for sixty some years......claims he started when he was four.

This picture was taken on the way home.  (Dunnellon)  We even went around the block to get a good picture.  I think my camera skills were lacking.  It is the Blues Brothers.  I don't know why, just there?
Earlier I had posted that Ocala was the horse capital of the world.  We could not figure this out.  But we discovered large well kept horse stables and homes when we headed to the western side of Florida.  They were pretty to see.
On the way home back to the campground, we were passed by another old coup.  I think these old retired men must be living in their past down here.

They city of Ocala does have painted ponies throughout the town.  I love the art work on them.  They are on the square, in front of businesses, just everywhere......some are large and some are small.

So, that is it folks....waiting for Winter Storm Seneca to pass through Central Florida.  Gary postponed our trek north until Monday.  Sounds like the north is being hit by another blast of cold weather.  Sharon and Clem called to tell us they didn't think we should be travelling today.  It sure is nice to have people worrying about us!  Good thing, we don't have sense to worry about ourselves.  Hamburger Helper for dinner.  Basketball tomorrow.  Sunday, not sure.  Love to all!  We are doing well.  Gary's computer has put him to sleep again.  He falls asleep, started to dreaming and talking, and then has been know to throw his mouse about.  Scares me!  Hasn't hit me yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!