February 1 2014 -- Homestead Florida

My sleep apnea machine is still not functioning correctly.  I stopped at Walgreens and asked if they knew where I could go to have it checked; and this man gave me an address north off Miami on 244th Road.  We finally got there and turned left and the road turned into a residential area.  It had beautiful homes.  This is just one of my favorite.




Gary likes the warm (hot) weather here; but he does not care for the traffic.  Every night about sundown the police sirens start to wail.  About 11pm, the owner locks the gates to our park.  We have a key in case we need to come and go; but we try to be tucked into our home at dusk.  WalMart has its tools under lock like electronics.  Gary went to Home Depot to find a wrench and said they should have their locked too because packages of metric wrenches had been torn open and some of the wrenches were missing.  People!


Construction was going on in this Miami suburb.  I told Gary I didn't care to go back........
but the next day we headed back further north to an Apria Sleep Center to have my machine checked.  The tech thought it was working correctly.  Advised me to go back home and try it again.  So to bed I went but I couldn't go to sleep because it seems to go off about the time I drift off to sleep.  Glad I didn't stay up for no reason, about 5am the alarm woke me.  So, I called the Topeka office again and they are sending me a circuit hose.  $70 more.  Just money!  It was suppose to come today or Monday.  Didn't come today, so Monday it must be.

Old trucks must impress me, saw this little Ford at the stop light.

Heartland Trailer Park; Homestead Florida

This morning when we got up to go find Mexican corn, I took a picture of the office/wash room.  The owner lives is the park house to the left.  Nice, clean little park.  $150 per week.  We are parked in the corner lot behind where the picture was taken.

Got a text from Kristen, she and hubby had landed at Tampa and were headed to their cruise ship.  She was pretty excited with the 70 degree weather in Tampa.  I told her it was warmer here, 82 degrees today.  The air runs about all day; the humidity must be hard to cycle.

Happy February to you!  Can't believe it is February 2014!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!