February 16 -- North Florida Again

On February 7, we headed northwest to Silver Springs/Ocala again.  We liked the park and felt comfortable there.  The weather in Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois is still poor.  We will stay here until we see some signs of warmer weather coming.

The picture is of palm trees in a row and the car sitting there selling orchids.  (I never got one!)  This was on the northern out skirts of Homestead.  Homestead is where Uncle Ralph Wilkerson and his family came several winters to pick produce.  Aunt Dorothy has been explaining this to me and Jean Henning Bell remembers her mother talking about it too.


Just to see some new scenery, we headed west across the Everglades.  It was a good road and was a Seminole reservaton.  Construction around the Tampa area.


As we were turning east to go into Ocala, I spotted this sign stating that Ocala was the Horse Capital of the World.  Amazing!

Gary found this flock of birds interesting.

I was reminded of my brother-in-law Jerry when we saw this flea market sign.......heehee!
We are doing fine and enjoying our lazy days.  We stay busy doing nothing.  I go to bed late and get up later.  We watch a lot of basketball games, a little Olympic competition, and country music.  I read, crochet, and play on the computer.  I do enjoy baking.  I ordered an extra shelf for my oven so the kids and I can bake more than one pan of cookies at a time.

I got our taxes done.  Check.  Life is good.

Comments

Donna said…
I love to correct you! How about a shelf for your oven instead of over. Don't get to very often.
Sis, the old Gary already rubbed it in.......he loves to correct me too.
Donna said…
Just because we love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!