Thursday--December 13, 2012--Family is Great

Monday--Met with Dr. Beristen at 8am.  Dana went with us.  It is a good thing because the old man and I can't remember anything and he hears black and I hear white.  I had the BRAC genetic test taken so we could determine my surgery options.  If I have the inherited gene, we will do a double mastectomy and if it is negative most likely a lumpectomy will take place.  Follow-up treatment will be determined on if the cancer has spread into the lymph nodes.
I've been busy.  Tuesday we went to Stormont-Vail in Topeka for the dreaded MRI.  I hated it.  Didn't even want to put my coat on afterwards and have not had it on much since.  When I got out Gary looked at me and declared that my blood pressure must be over the top.  I was red all over.  Usually my face just gets red.  Oh, well, that part is done.  After the MRI we drove to Columbia, Missouri (Home of the Tigers) and met Barry, Donna, and Barry for dinner at Ruby Tuesdays.  I ate too much.  Angie asked me as soon as she sit down if I would go with her to Mexico to pick up a few items.

Wednesday, we went to Mexico.   Angie picked up a few things and we ran to Wal-Mart for diesel and milk.  Back to the Stevens's RV Park.  I took a nap.  We met Barb, Gale, Kent, Laura, and Kevin for dinner at the new restaurant that is now in the old Golden Corral building.  Ate too much again.  You won't believe how much my family and friends support means to me.

I did write a new poem the other night:


December 12, 2012

Why Not Me?
Better me than my kids.

Why Not Me?
I’ve had a wonderful life.

Why Not Me?
God has taught me to be tuff.

Why Not Me?
I am strong and a fighter.

Why Not me?
Odds better for others.

Why Not me?
I’ve learned who my friends are.

Why Not Me?
It will make me stronger.

Why Not Me?
Made me appreciate things more.

Why Not Me?
Merry Christmas to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?