Sunday--December 16, 2012--DeOrnellis Christmas

Yes, I had my camera in my purse.  Yes, I forgot to get it out and take pictures.  Yes, I'm aggravated at myself.  BUT, yes I agree with Barry.  He made the comment on the way back to Centralia that it was one of the best family reunions that he had ever attended,

He should have been to the Christmas that we had growing up under Grandma Carrie's wings.  Barb Nobis had us to gather in a square and we went around telling about some of the memories we had from past Christmases.  It was great.  One thing I did learn, I wasn't the only one that Grandma Carrie made feel special   Everyone of her grandchildren felt the same love and care.

After we got back to Donna's I headed straight up to the bedroom and took an hour and half nap.  We then headed to Columbia to celebrate Angie's birthday. We had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays.  Most of us had salad and soup.  Angie and Barry and steak and lobster.  They didn't seem to be stuffed like the non-dieters.  After dinner we drove to College Avenue to view some lights that were programs to an FM station.  It was nice.  On the way home we stopped in Hallsville and enjoyed their decorations too.

I enjoyed talking to Richard and his daughter Becky.  She has had a double mastectomy and one kidney removed with cancer.  She tested positive on the BRAC.  Brenda Doty came and offered her words of wisdom too.

Sure have enjoyed being back home and visiting with my family.  My friend Jean did not show up at the dinner; but will catch her later.  It has helped past the waiting time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?