Up to Canada

Here we are at the Canadian border.  If we knew now what we found out, we would never have gone for this short drive....... 


The guards decided that the ole man had too much stuff.  They made us get out and Gary had to clean his pockets and lay everything on the black truck to the left.  One guard was told to go through my purse.  He was nice and asked what I had in it, just my money.  Ha!  kept asking if we were taking over $100,00 over the border.  We were then asked to go into the lobby with cameras while they preceeded to go through everything inside and outside the truck.  My handicap sign was even laying on the dash and it was stored under the towel over the console.  They did find two bottles of medicine.  I bet they have never seen so much stuff shoved into one vehicle before.  I asked if I could take a picture of them searching Gary.  They didn't seem to think that was funny.  Good ole honest Gary?

We made it through.  Drove down the road and came back down.


This is the US side.  Gary did learn something.  He needs to register everything or the guards can take anything they want.  That is all his worldly goods.

Back in the USA.  I'll display my flag tonight.  Won't be going up into Saskatoon.

Back to the Falls Stay and Play Park at Thief River Falls.

This park would please the kids.  They have Putt-Putt and Go-Carts.
This is the new part.  Still planting grass and doing layout.  We liked it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?