Mississippi Headwaters - June 23 2015

We left Randall MN early because we had several miles to cover today.  Our first stop was the Itasca State Park.  The headwaters for the Mississippi River was located here.


This next picture represents a new milestone for me.  I actually got off my big rear end and walked through the woods to the area were the headwaters was located.  No problems.  Balance is still and issue, but I've come a long way baby.



You can't hardly drive around this state without coming across huge lakes.  Gary and I decided that there was not much going on but recreation and vacation lands.

Next stop was Bemidja MN.  It is know for its large statue of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox.  The driver got grumbly because we got there and there was construction in the area surrounding the statues.  I was able to zoom and get a pretty good shot.

Now, I'm hungry and we can't find anywhere to eat that easy to get the camper in and out.  Ended up having $5 Lunch deals at DQ.    Our home for the next three days is Thief River Falls at the Stop and Play Campground.  Nice little park with putt putt golf, go carts.  They have added several new sites behind;  That is where the cheap people park.  Suits me.  Nice and quiet.

Comments

Donna said…
Good job but I still want a pic of the Wisconsin sign! Ha! Oh, and don't blame me for your buying fettish.

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?