December 9 2014 - Up to Prescott AZ

I was excited about this trip.  I even set the alarm clock.  I got up but Gary did not.  We stopped at McDonalds and Gary had coupons for 1 free with 1 McCafe.  So I drank both.  He also couponed us sandwiches.  Thrifty in his old age.

We had seen this gas station earlier while out and about.  So we got diesel for $3.26.  $80 for a fillup.  Yeah.  

Old mill elevator for the old man.

Big rock for the old girl.

We took the scenic route to Prescott.  It was about 40 miles of stop lights.  We went through where the Arizona college was located.  Did not see the stadium.

Another little suburb, Surprise.  We also went through Sun City East and West.

It was a beautiful day.  Finally about 12 miles from Prescott we saw undeveloped land.

We toured the town of Wickens???? and went into the historic district.



My two McCafe's gave me a stomach ache and we had to make a sudden stop at Wal-Mart band-aides  and a break.  Thank goodness Gary decided to come in because I was standing in line and hollered a good ole Missouri pig call to come pay for my band-aides and I took off running.

On down the road and we passed this little rustic establishment with several buildings.  One offered tour info for the Grand Canyon.




No we are headed up into the mountains.  Things went downhill from this point.  The curves were worse than the Ozark Mountains and I ended up car sick.



Prescott's Court House


Traffic got congested on the way back.  While we were stopped I took pictures of the pretty shrubs.  I passed up dinner last night and went to bed at 8:00pm.  The head finally calmed down and I was able to sleep and was ready to go this morning.


You would not believe the attention this old car received in the parking lot.  I think it is for sale if anyone is interested.
We hung Christmas lights around the awning today

Comments

Sis said…
Here is your comment. I want to keep the pictures coming. I have to check up on you. I didn't realize AZ had so many mountains or hills.

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?