November 19, 2013--Tupelo MS

 We drove along several roads like this across Mississippi.  They were tree lined and full of fall colors.  
 Somehow Gary found this campground.  It is Davis Lake, just to the east of the Natchez Trail.  The little lake is peaceful.  It cost $13 per night and we are staying here for three nights.  There is no laundry room.  After we had started setting up, the camp host knocked on our door to tell us the water was out in our space and they would work on it the next day.  That was fine with us.  We had just emptied and filled our tanks.





This is NOT Elvis or Vernon Presley, it is my hunk of burning love.  We are at the homeplace of the Presley Family.


Back Door to the Home Place

Front View

Statue of Elvis (Age 13)

The Assembly of God Church he attended.  It was moved to this location.
Note:  the Outside Plumbing.
 When I was talking to Kevin this morning, he said to shake Elvis's hand.  I just about got the nerve to have it done.  As I was getting into the truck, a car pulled in and parked beside us and out gets an Elvis impersonator.  I took a second look and said, "You will be right at home here!"  I got a big smile.  Wish I had asked for a handshake and a picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!