August 22 2012 - Up to Leadville

 Well, let me see....have to look at the pictures to remember where we have been and what we have been doing.....The picture of the deer was taken when we out to the Meat Market.  If you want some good corn-fed beef , this is the place to go.  We bought a chuck roast that lasted all week.  I still have enough for dinner tonight and I cooked it Sunday.  It was so big I had to cut it into three pieces and shove it into the crock pot.   I got a ribeye steak and Gary got a sirloin.  They were pretty tasty.  Melted in your mouth.  Back to the deer, It was just grazing in the back yard of a home.  That is the extent of the wild animals I have seen.  We do have this happy little chipmunk that likes to come visit when I'm sitting outside.

Next picture.  Had to stop and fill the tank.  Diesel was $3.88 when we filled.  When we came back Obama and his friends had raised it to $3.99.  Most stations are at $4.09.
 I think this picture is one as we were passing through Granite.  Our trip was kind of spoiled because we were going up to Aspen through Independence Pass but it was closed because the bicyclists were having a race and had some of the roads closed.
 We came home earlier than expected and had dinner at the Twisted Cork Restaurant and Shop.  You could eat out on the veranda; but the driver was too cold.  I would have gone for the atmosphere.
 I love lavender.  It smelled really good when we walked by.
Well, back home.  Gary went fishing with "the boys".  He has made acquaintance with some of the other old farts.  The first day he went fishing he caught five trout and let them go.  When he went with the boys he caught two more and gave the fish to them.  Yesterday he caught two more and cleaned them.  I have them in the refrigerator waiting to try the recipe I found on the internet.  TaTa and love to my family and friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 105; August 10 -- Woman's Work?