March 6, 2012--To Daddy's House We Go

We got up and drove the main drag of Branson to check out the tornado damage.  If we had more time, we would have liked to stop and volunteer.

 This was the first of the damage we saw as we drove west down Hwy 76.
 Last summer, we went into the pawn shop and quilt shop in this strip mall.
 Dolly's land was not touched, yet the building beside it was destroyed.

We went back and got the camper and headed north to Daddy's.  We stopped at Camper World to pick up a USA Sticker Map.  I still need to find Canada.  (But Sharon and Clem or Robert and Robert) Here is the camper for you to pull behind your red SUVs.  I've always liked these.  Light weight and interesting.


We fought the wind and headed north to Vandalia. 
We passed through Jefferson City and I caught a picture of the capitol in the background.

We stopped n Mexico to buy our weekly groceries and pick up my meds.  While I was there Susan called to ask me to help her with a Million-Dollar Question.  She needed the name of the author of the books that we read and watched their movies.  Darn it, I knew it and Darn it, she was teasing.....she and the retired girls were celebrating in Holton.

We made it to Daddy's and he was watching for us.
Gary set the camper up and then came got me to do my magic inside the camper.
I ate a bowl of shredded wheat and went back to the house to visit.  BUT, I got fooled, the doors were locked and the windows were pulled.  I guess they thought I was done for the night.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!

Day 119; August 24 - Finally!