Last Few Weeks. Bob and Bertie

What you get into while trying to please your spouse!
Gary wanted an upside down cake.  So I made him one from scratch.  I was checking the cake about halfway trough.  When I tried to slide the rack out to check the cake, the rack collapsed and the cake spilled all over the oven.



We chose the Mesa Flea Market for our sightseeing trip.  I should have my scooter.  BIG place with lots of STUFF,.......

Here is my garden.  I have Kale plants and planted radishes and onions.  Trying to raise our own salad.

I wanted an authentic mid-west planter and a mother-in-law plant.  Now I have both.

I like a little light when we come home at night.  I ordered these twinkle lights that our solar.  They don't show well when the flash goes off on the phone.

Brother Kevin sent Gary some of the junk that was still at his house.  I added our senior pictures to his side of the bed.  I have rearranged them since then,  They look a little better.  Guess what we need is a SENIOR picture of us in our golden years.  Ha.


Valentines Day with the Henrys!  Love them.
We, I think Roberta chose the restaurant at our hotel at the Grand Canyon.  She kept getting confused that the campus had five buildings and the main restaurant, gift shop, and registration was NOT in our building.  We were the first guest to eat here after a renovation.  It was fresh, new, and had the Mid-West look I'm beginning to like.

See the lighting (reflecting off Gary's pretty hair).  Chairs were comfy.

Here we are.  Love bugs from the sixty.

Our friends, Roberta and Robert Henry.

We came to Arizona for the sunshine, Friends came to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon.  On the way home we ran into a little snow storm that was beautiful.  We got to enjoy the snow and remain in the truck and stayed nice and warm.  Gary had his winter jacket out three days before our northern trip.  I think he was afraid he would forget it.



This is the Lodge of Grand Canyon.  Old structure.  Beautifully done.  Too dark and dreary for my taste.  Bertie and I walked through several shops and had an ice tea.

Oh my, can't remember the name of this Indian museum.  It housed a lot of hand crafted jewelry and art.  Bob and Bertie on their way.

Bob and Gary reading the details.  Isn't it beautiful.  I would recommend going in the winter.  The last three times we visited, it was too hot and I could care less about a big hole in the ground.





That is my friend, Bertie.  Can you tell her from the shrub?






As soon as we enter the park, a herd of mule deer greeted us.

The next day was a bummer.  We drove down to Tombstone.  Bob and Gary both are great Gunsmoke and western movie fans.  They didn't even get out of the truck.  It was raining.  Bertie and I had to go shopping.  I wish we had bought my sister Deb a saloon dress.  She would have looked fantastic in it.


The streets are dirt and the sidewalks were made of wood.  Great to appreciate when the weather is sunny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 93 and 94; July 29 & 30 -- Canada to USA

Day 81; July 17 - Sunday Day of Rest

December 31 2013 -- Happy New Years!